Results-driven marketing/public-relations professional with years of significant and progressive experience in the hospitality, travel, and technology industries and a strong record of success in marketing, internet marketing, branding, public relations, strategic alliances, relationship management, event planning, collateral design, and advertising.
Director of Marketing & Media / La Crosse County Convention & Visitors Bureau January 2016 – Present / La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Accelerated increase in organic, direct, email, referral and social marketing acquisition.
- Created “River of Festivals,” a festival marketing campaign running through 2018.
- Created marketing plans for cohesive strategy to assist development of branding strategies and marketing/public-relations campaigns.
- Refocused marketing efforts for CVB events and marketing campaigns.
- Managed the creation and release of the Official 2017 Visitors Guide and video campaign.
Director of Media & Membership / La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau April 2014 – December 2015 / La Crosse, Wisconsin
- Handled LACVB membership recruitment and retention.
- Initiated content marketing, member photo library for partners, and ongoing PR distribution and earned media monitoring.
- Assisted “re-branding” initiative as brand manager to convey effective messaging.
- Integrated social media campaigns including fall themed geo-location hunts.
- Created Best of La Crosse County, which boosted Explore La Crosse’s new brand.
- Planned and enacted all online venues including website and social channels.
Creative Tourism Consultant City of Santa Fe Arts Commission October 2009 – July 1, 2015 / Santa Fe, New Mexico Area
- Created, grew and managed the Santa Fe Creative Tourism initiative from concept through successful maturity.
- Efforts included web marketing, artist instruction and coordination (over 500 artists) and oversight and execution of DIY Santa Fe, a month long creative tourism experience.
- Created the most thorough creative tourism directory in the United States.
- Generated over $297,000 in reported income for artist participants from 2010-2014.
Creator & Create! Eugene Coordinator / Arts and Business Alliance of Eugene March 2013 – September 2013 / Eugene, Oregon
- Founded and secured funding for Create! Eugene, a month long family focused art workshop festival and plein air competition.
- Worked with over 40 artists and multiple city, private and nonprofit organizations to secure partnerships, funding, in-kind donations and support.
- Generated an excess of $80,000 for local workshop providers.
- Coordinated over nine contractors, developed and managed the program budgets forboth projects in New Mexico and Eugene, Oregon, and continued to oversee program contractors through July of 2015.
Recent Community Involvement
La Crosse Riverfest Board of Directors | Media Director (2015 – present)
UW-L Department of Recreation Management and Therapeutic Recreation | Recreation Management Advisory Committee (2015 – present)
MS | Arts Management | University of Oregon | Eugene, OR
BS | Recreation and Tourism | Winona State University | Winona, MN AAS | Adventure Tourism | Winona State University | Winona, MN Cert | Nonprofit Leadership | Viterbo University | La Crosse, WI
— NMCreativeTourism (@SantaFeCTourism) November 23, 2014